Orthodontics for Teens
Everything you need to know about orthodontics is here!
You need braces? The process has never been easier.
Don’t be concerned! Braces aren’t as frightening as you may assume. In reality, braces are now available in a wide range of forms, materials, and colors, making living with braces considerably simpler, more comfortable, and even more fashionable than in the past.
The length of time I’ll have to wear braces is variable.
When it comes to the length of time it takes to straighten your teeth with braces, there are three main aspects to consider:
- Early treatment — Early treatment enables orthodontists to evaluate the jaw’s development and offer further orthodontic treatment as needed. Not everyone undergoes orthodontic treatment early, and in certain situations, it may be suggested that a patient delay treatment until they are older.
- What needs correction — The duration of the procedure is determined by the quantity of therapy required to address an issue. Different people respond differently to therapy, thus while one patient may finish their treatment in 12 months, another may take 24 months. Treatment timeframes vary according to your body’s response and the amount of work required to get the enviable smile you want.
- YOU! — Your desire to use the appliances prescribed by your orthodontist has a significant impact on the amount of time required to finish your treatment. Always remember to look for your braces and appliances; this will assist to expedite your results!
Braces with your unique touch!
Our office provides a wide range of braces, including different kinds and designs.
What foods will I be allowed to consume while wearing braces?
You’ve probably heard from your parents, friends, and maybe your orthodontist about the long list of foods and beverages you should skip while wearing braces. While it may seem that you are sacrificing a lot, it is essential that you avoid certain foods. We want you to enjoy your braces as much as possible, so here’s a list of foods to avoid and meals to enjoy while you’re wearing them.
Avoid these foods when wearing braces:
- Chewy foods — bagels, licorice
- Crunchy foods — popcorn, chips, ice
- Sticky foods — caramel candies, chewing gum
- Hard foods — nuts, hard candies
- Foods that require biting into — corn on the cob, apples, carrots
- Foods you CAN eat while wearing braces:
- Dairy — soft cheese, pudding, milk-based drinks
- Breads — soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins without nuts
- Grains — pasta, soft cooked rice
- Meats/poultry — soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
- Seafood — tuna, salmon, crab cakes
- Vegetables — mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, beans
- Fruits — applesauce, bananas, fruit juice
- Treats — ice cream without nuts, milkshakes, Jell-O, soft cake
Orthodontic braces are a huge part of life for many individuals your age. While braces may have had a negative image in the past, today’s braces make it simple to look and feel wonderful! Please call our office to arrange your next orthodontic checkup.